Saturday, June 21, 2008

then and now...

While waiting to collect some documents from a government office yesterday morning, I saw a group of bank officers promoting their products and services. Then one of them, a young lady, walks towards me with all those product catalogues, and immediately I tried to avoid her and whatever product she wants to introduce to me.

Before I have time to turn away, this young lady called out my “funny“ Chinese name. How come this lady knows my Chinese name? A total stranger but she calls me by my Chinese name in full. She came nearer and politely asks if that’s my name. I asked her how come she knew my name, and shockingly she told me that she’s my classmate in kindy. But how come she can still remember me, I asked her. That’s 25 years ago. Do I still look the same? She told me I still look the same.

We chat for a while and finally I recalled that we were staying in the same area years ago. Her family and mine are neighborhood friends. But after kindy, we went to different schools and never meet ever since.

It’s a good thing to meet up long lost friends. But what she said got me thinking. I still look the same, 25 years ago and now.

Positive thinking: I still look as young, baby face and probably cute, just like 25 years ago.

Negative thinking: I’m already so “old” looking 25 years ago!!!

One thing I can be sure of, I have more hair on my head then. Ha ha ha….

No comments: