Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another trip to Miri

Arrived in Miri early this morning for a three day working visit. Work has occupied all my time during the day but after sunset, I set aside works and try to make myself occupied with other things. The problem is there’s nothing much I can do.

Going for dinner in a while, but haven’t decided what & where to eat.

Have to decide what to do after dinner. My options:
• Walk around town and the two shopping complexes nearby the hotel.
• Surfing in the hotel lobby. Staying in a hotel with no WIFI in the room.
• Surfing in Coffee Bean.
• Watch TV in room. But will there be any interesting program to watch?

Whichever option I choose, I’ll still be growing mushroom at the same time.


Updates:
Just had dinner. There must be so much good food out there in Miri but I ended up having KFC’s dinner plate at Bintang Plaza. Went for a walk around town and the two shopping complexes, completing the course in less than one hour. Bought two packets of peanuts and three cans of beer to make myself occupied until I’m ready to sleep. Hope the three cans are enough to make me sleepy. Sometimes too little actually make me more awake.

Just realized that the room I’m staying this time is still within the hotel lobby’s WIFI range. I can surf in the room.  Sorry to the management of Coffee Bean coz they won’t be earning anything from me this time.

The TV programs are so boring too. “Saving Private Ryan” is on HBO now. But there’s something interesting early tomorrow morning. Germany is playing Turkey in the first semi final of Euro 2008. I’m expecting a Germany win.

Going to start keeping myself busy with peanuts and beer. Good night.

1 comment:

Snap no Stevun® said...

Which hotel you are staying in?