Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm back in Kuching after a hectic 3-day outstation trip to Miri, Bintulu and Sibu. The 3 days passed by so quickly with meetings and discussions taking up lots of time, and the time spent on the road and in the air. Will be traveling to Bintulu again next Monday, but luckily it's just a day trip, going early in the morning and coming back in the evening.

Nothing interesting from this trip, except the journey from Miri to Bintulu. Passed by lots of long houses, and realized that long houses no longer look like the one we see in Cultural Village. Lots of the long houses I saw are made of brick and concrete, with Astro and satellite TV services, and 4WD pickups like mine parked outside. Where are the atap long houses?

Also passed by the Batu Niah National Park junction. I'm not sure the mountain I saw along the way is where the famous Gua Niah is located, but it sure looks so natural and interesting. How I wish to go to the cave. If I have the time, I would want to drive to the park and take a look.

Also passed by the junction to the Bakun hydro dam. But the dam is still very far from the junction. I don't think that place is accessible to us common people.

It's a normal sight to see vast deforestation along the "highway". Most of it are for palm oil plantation. I never know that Sarawak has so many palm oil plantations. Can use palm oil for our cars instead of petrol? hahaha....

Have to sleep now. Busy day in the office tomorrow.

z zz zzz zzzz zzzzz

No comments: